Tuesday 24 April 2012

Finger Paints Magnetic Effects Collection Swatches

Hi everyone!

Are any of you starting to feel... magnetic'd out? I've been avoiding buying too many magnetic polishes, mostly because I find them a bit on the expensive side. I've actually been on a kind of unofficial no-buy for the past little while (which I've actually kind of kept!). That being said, I don't have that many magnetic polishes, so I'm not tired of them just yet.

Today I have 4 magnetic polishes from Finger Paints (you can find them at Sally's). Usually I have some difficulty applying magnetic polishes (inexperience mostly) but I found these ones really easy to apply and pattern-ize (don't mind me, I feel like making up new words).

Without further ado, here they are!
Cop an Attitude: A burnt-ish orange. I think the picture really will describe the colour much better than I can put into words.

 Electro-Midnight: a blue/navy magnetic. My favourite out of the 4.

Steel the Night: I would describe this colour as a gunmetal grey. In the bottle (without the magnetic effect) I was thinking I would really like this colour since I have a tendency to overlook grey-black polishes. I think it's definitely much better with the magnetic effect to give it some personality. ;)

Hipnotic: A berry-magenta magnetic polish. I don't have a magnetic polish in my collection that's this colour so I really like this one. I'm not sure how this would compare to similar magnetic shades that are being released by other companies, but if I ever manage to get my paws on those I'll definitely do some comparisons.

Overall, I liked these polishes. I found them easy to apply and the magnet was attached to a cap that was removable, which definitely made application easier. I can proudly say that I did not manage to touch the magnet to the polish even once with these (applause all around!). Pigmentation was nice, I did two coats for each polish. All of the bottles I got had the wavy magnet design, but I'm planning on trying them out with the star design from the China Glaze magnet soon. :D

Whew. That's all for today!

Hope you're all enjoying your day and thank you so much for reading!

Marisa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment! Thank you for reading my blog, and I'll try my best to reply to your comments!