Thursday 17 May 2012

NOTD: Shoreline

Hi everyone!

Today I'm going to show you my first attempt at a gradient on my nails! Okay, well not quite. I was fully intending on making this a gradient, but the colour combination (I was out of ideas, but Marta from ChitChat Nails suggested a beige-tealy blue gradient... thanks Marta!) reminded me of the beach, so I ended up just sponging my nails for a more wispy look.




In retrospect, I could have done more to make it look... more realistic-ish (sea foam, etc etc), but I rather like it simple. I decided to add the sea star-like shapes at the last moment as an accent.

For this mani I used:
Base: Orly Nite Owl
Blue sponged bits: OPI I Have a Herring Problem
Sea Stars: China Glaze Sun Worshiper and High Hopes

Thanks for reading! :D

Marisa

2 comments:

Please feel free to leave a comment! Thank you for reading my blog, and I'll try my best to reply to your comments!