Saturday 23 August 2014

China Glaze All Aboard Collection for Fall 2014 - My Picks

Hi everyone!

For the majority of this year (and part of last year) I haven't been too impressed by the collections being put out by the mainstream brands. I hardly bought any new polishes from these brands (OPI, China Glaze, etc), and I was starting to wonder if my love of nail polish was diminishing. I'm also not really a Fall person - I really like bright colors, so Summer brights are usually what I gravitate towards.

With that little bit of background, I walked into my nail supply store to see if they had any of the new Fall collections. While most of the promo pictures I've seen online haven't really interested me, I decided to check them out in person before deciding against them. Lucky that I did! I ended up buying 6 shades from the China Glaze All Aboard collection, and 4 from OPI's Nordic collection (These will be up on the blog soon!).

The shades I purchased from the All Aboard collection are as follows (in the same order as shown in the photo below left to right): Lug Your Designer Baggage, Mind the Gap, Conduct Yourself, Nice Caboose!, Choo-Choo Choose You, and All Aboard.



Lets get onto the pictures, shall we?


Lug Your Designer Baggage is a gorgeous milk chocolate brown with gold shimmer and a smattering of white glass flecks. The shimmer and glass flecks aren't lost in the polish and give this polish a beautiful speckled look. The formula on this polish was good. I used 2 coats for opacity.


Mind the Gap is a dusty light brown filled with gold shimmer that can turn greenish at certain angles. While I like the shimmer in this polish, I'm not sure if I'm really digging the base color. Formula wise, I found this polish a bit on the sheer side - I had to use 4 coats for opacity, and because this polish has a bit of a jelly-like consistency, I'd recommend waiting for each layer to dry before applying the next.



Conduct Yourself is a vampy, wine red with subtle pinky-purpley micro shimmer. Not going to lie, I was hoping the shimmer would be a bit more apparent on the nail. You can kind of see it in the photos above, but it isn't really noticeable on the nail at all in indoor lighting. Formula wise it was great, I used 2 coats.


Nice Caboose! is a pretty somewhat dusty burgundy (if you would call wine red burgundy, this is more purple leaning). Nice Caboose has the same shimmer as Conduct Yourself (pinky-purpley microshimmer), but the shimmer is a bit more obvious on the nail. Formula wise it was good, I used 3 thin coats.

All Aboard is a dusty lavender. It's not really what I would call unique - I probably have something in my collection that would be a dupe or close to one (time to dig out for a comparison?). Formula wise it was good, I used 3 coats.




Choo-Choo Choose You: In my opinion, this is the star of the collection. Duochrome shimmer that shifts from red-y gold to gold to green suspended in a dusty grey mauve. If I was limited to only one polish from this collection, it would be this one! The formula was good (better than Mind the Gap) with 2-3 coats.


Well, that's all of them. What do you think? Do any of these stand out to you? Are there any colors that I didn't get that you are interested in?

Thank you so much for reading!

Marisa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment! Thank you for reading my blog, and I'll try my best to reply to your comments!